Kite is an elegant studio camera tracking system that enables VR and AR for your studio production or previz projects.
The Kite system consists of an industry best mocap tracking camera with a touchscreen monitor that attaches to the studio camera.
The Kite tracks optical markers that are randomly placed in the studio ceiling. Once installed, the Kite aligns the studio coordinate system with a virtual coordinate system and maintains precise camera positional data regardless of the studio cameras 6DOF position and zoom angle thus yielding rock steady alignment.
Features and Benefits:
- Powered by Cortex – Cortex is the software standard in the Motion Capture industry that all others are measured against leveraging 40+ years of mocap/tracking knowledge
- Works with any studio camera – The small tracking camera is attached to the studio camera and works everywhere as long as it’s able to see randomly placed markers on the ceiling. The markers are inexpensive and easily installed.
- Uses Existing Hardware – Kite can be used on all studio cameras including handheld cameras and steady cams
- Allows full freedom of movement – Optical motion capture has no tethers or restrictions on movement within the capture space.
- Accurate – Precise to 1/100th of a degree and within 0.1mm
- Robust and Reliable – After initial calibration during installation, the system just works. No daily calibration or intervention required
- Easy to use –Simple interface for the camera operator shows the status of the tracking at a glance. Critical calibration parameters are graphically displayed
- Unified Coordinate system – Kite continuously maintains alignment between the studio and virtual coordinate system. Multiple Kite trackers are all bound to the same coordinate system.
- Fast Calibration – The Motion Analysis system is calibrated and ready to run in just minutes
- Compute full lens calibration table – As part of the system installation the studio lens is calibrated throughout the entire zoom and focus range.
- Supports all frame rates – Genlock, Black Burst, Tri-level, PAL, NTSC and multiples of any of them
- Multiple camera tracking – Multiple Kite allows switching multiple Studio Cameras video signals to the Virtual Set video signal in real-time
- Integrated IMU